The restoration of oil paintings
When we go to an art gallery to enjoy artwork which made from all kinds of different materials in various periods and are infected by these images, we will not feel any inappropriate. Of course, we do not know the works of many masters usually seen in the catalogs or hung in Western museums would have been repaired in varying degrees in various historical periods and some have even repaired for a dozen or so More times. What we do not know more is that the repair intervention will directly affect the final presentation and completeness of the work, affect the artistic, cultural and historical information conveyed by its materials and images, and may therefore change the public's awareness and understanding of the work.
Different countries have different methods of oil painting repair. Although the technologies are different, they all share the same principle: the materials used for the restoration are based on pigments that are not stronger than the original painting. The reason for this is that there is room for redress if the fix fails. As a painter or painting amateur, it must first take active measures to protect the oil painting and, in case of damage, take the necessary remedial measures.
1. As a result of the uneven surface caused by the canvas squeeze, if there is no crack on the surface, you can spray properly water on the back of the canvas. After the oil painting is flat, put it in the ventilated place to dry it as soon as possible. If you use a hair dryer to speed up drying, you should be avoid overheating. Generally do not use the sun dried.
2. The repair of crack oil painting is generally more complex. Using turpentine to wash the crack part and lay it flat on the canvas. There should be a hard board on the cracked back and gently tap with a small hammer at the frontal crack to flatten the prominent corners, and then using transparent Latex latex at the crack part, and make up the color on obvious cracks, then it can be polished after drying.
3. If its collision is caused by the rupture, then the repair method is: coat latex at the back of the broken, cut a piece of linen slightly larger affixed, take a knife broken flat alignment, flat painting plane down neatly on desktop. Using electric iron on the lining to make it flat, taking care not to allow the broken latex to stick on the tabletop. After the formation to be done, and then fill with the paint to modify the damaged area, if the damage is very obvious, you need to fill with filler material and then colored.
Often behind the oil painting exhibition, repair workers devote a great deal of effort and hard work. They look for ways and materials to ensure that works of art are always in a stable condition and prevent them from being damaged and delaying their natural aging process.
Same In Category
- Why linen is the best choice for canvas materials?
- The most popular way to decorate a blank wall
- The intrinsic factors of influencing of collection of oil paintings
- Sketch Chrysanthemum Steps Tutorial
- Selection of painting frame
- Oil painting techniques
- Oil painting have stretching
- Materials and methods for making texture of oil painting
- Landscape Oil Painting Technique
- How to save oil paintings in the humid air environment?