Selection of painting frame
Is it better for a oil painting to has a frame or not? In general, the choice of painting frame can refer to the following:
1. The figurative paintings should be accompanied by borders As far as possible, and the concrete works after the framing will be more exquisite. The visual center of works will be more focused and expressive. On the contrary, the abstract works can't be configured with borders, but may instead limit their screen tension after the matching of the frames, limiting the audience's imagination.
2. It should pay attention to color, texture and screen with the frame selection generally followed by the existing contrast but also by the principle of coordination.
3. Generally speaking, the frame of small works should be appropriately enlarger. The substantial works should be prepared smaller border decoration, which is more in line with visual aesthetic psychology.
Same In Category
- Why linen is the best choice for canvas materials?
- The restoration of oil paintings
- The most popular way to decorate a blank wall
- The intrinsic factors of influencing of collection of oil paintings
- Oil painting techniques
- Oil painting have stretching
- Materials and methods for making texture of oil painting
- How to save oil paintings in the humid air environment?
- How to protect oil paintings
- How to Frame a Painting