How to Judge the Collection Value of an Oil Painting
It is not that all oil paintings have high collection value and appreciation potential. Which of the many painters has more collection value and appreciation potential? How should I choose? This requires the collector to have a deep knowledge of oil painting and even a certain oil painting foundation, as well as the ability to distinguish oil painting. After a long period of knowledge accumulation and precipitation, I can understand oil painting. Of course, we can also use some methods to judge whether a painting has the value of collection.
Firstly，it depends on the value and status of the work itself in the history of art. Secondly, whether this work resonates with the viewer and is consistent with your aesthetic preferences. These are the main criteria for collecting oil paintings;Then you have to see which art institutions have collected his works and What kind of works is collected, and which works of his time, are representative. However, Qiu Zhenglun also pointed out that the initial collection of oil paintings can start with the collection of some powerful artists. In general, the collection should be gradual, the works are small and large, and the price is low and high.
Tang Xinxin, executive vice president of the Chongqing Collectors Association, suggested that if economic conditions permit, you can try to collect works by oil paintings such as Luo Zhongli, Pang Maozhen, Du Yongying, etc. The novices may start with the oil paintings of some retired professors from the Sichuan Academy of Fine Arts.
Same In Category
- Why linen is the best choice for canvas materials?
- The restoration of oil paintings
- The most popular way to decorate a blank wall
- The intrinsic factors of influencing of collection of oil paintings
- Selection of painting frame
- Oil painting techniques
- Oil painting have stretching
- Materials and methods for making texture of oil painting
- Landscape Oil Painting Technique
- How to save oil paintings in the humid air environment?