Hope, Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, Oil painting on canvas, Walters Art Museum
This oil painting is known as one of the classic work of Chavannes. The painting describes a beauty in a white dress sitting on the wilderness, with an olive branch in her hand, which means to bring green to the desolation and hope to the ruins. It contains the enlightenment of history and modern civilization. She shows a kind of profound meaning with the beautiful modelling, letting people understand some kind of inspiration.
Same In Category
Related News By Tags
- Winding The Skein
- Why are Oil Paintings to be Painted on Cloth
- Whistler's Mother
- What are the characteristics of hand-painted oil paintings?
- Unexpected Visitors
- Thinking of Oil Painting Art
- The value of oil painting
- The rise of oil painting
- The restoration of oil paintings
- The Reasons For Oil Painting Damage